Tuesday 28 October 2008

the mb&f experience... and other space oddities

'theres a starman waiting in the sky...' ziggy stardust
HM3 Sidewinder and StarCruiser
Photobucket

before I share with you some photos I took at the launch of the mb&f hm3 experience as it toured through singapore ;) just a couple of words…

I like MB&F and their horological machines… I also like what I hear about and from Max Busser and appreciate their philosophy… I like that each person involved in horological machines are given due credit and have their name associated with that part of their contribution and it should logically mean that they do their best work, put to the fore instead of behind a big brand name.. Max also commented that no shortcuts were taken and that the product is supposed to draw the level best from each of the involved parties in these collectives which is very cool and the right way about it in my books... the preview was a nice and tasteful affair and it was a pleasure meeting Max and hearing his views. kudos once again to the team at the hour glass that supported this event and was there and thanks to michael and his team for having me...

"Ground control to major tom... Commencing countdown, engines on..."
received the invite for the mb&f preview of the horological machine 3...
Photobucket

i headed out fully armed with the vianney halter classic on my left wrist...
Photobucket

and this on my right...(and no, i don't wear 2 watches all the time :)
Photobucket

some of my friends and fellow space cowboys were abouts that day as well
commanders vernon, dirk and george
Photobucket

commanders jeff, harry, jim, kc and chee hoong
Photobucket

and there was a new face to me amongst the crowd... perhaps from a distant galaxy? why its maximillian busser ;)
Photobucket

pictured here with rosemary from the hour glass
who manages the independents
Photobucket

max had some fantastic machines for us to view...
Photobucket

timeless futuristic designs mean that these watches won't ever look aged...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the latest machine just assembled off from the space docks
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

what are my thoughts of the horological machines then? I like all of them. but as i
had a chance to see all of them in the metal i found that i liked the HM2 the most
followed by the HM3 Starcruiser and then HM1... all in rose gold for me

Photobucket

wrist shot comparos of the hm2 (above) and hm3 starcruiser

Photobucket

hm 3 sidewinder

Photobucket

my vianney halter classic vs the starcruiser in the size stakes...

Photobucket

one issue noted by some is on the difficulty in reading the time...
Photobucket

Photobucket

other space oddities were sighted in this intergalactic zone...
a trio of vianney
halter classics... in the 3 metals its offered... white gold, yellow gold and red gold

Photobucket

my favorite opus... opus v... the best thing that urwerk has worked
on so far in my
opinion... max involved in its creation when he was at harry winston

Photobucket

my classic and bernard's antiqua... as u know, my grail is the rose gold antiqua

Photobucket

an interesting space mobile from de bethune was spotted too...

Photobucket

the starfleet commander was about, dr. bernard cheong
and he brought his horological marvels with him
Photobucket

which leads to the most impressive table shot ever... i love all of them

Photobucket

and a last shot of the starcruiser... flying off into the unknown...
Photobucket

i hope u enjoyed the report ;) till next time, my intergalactic friends... cheers, raph

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...